Header Ads

Jyoti Patel


At what age did you start writing?
I was writing since the age of fourteen, I found an online platform to read amazing books and to share my short stories, poetries and novels.  
This gave me the chance to publish my works online, which can be available to a wider audience. The votes and comments came flooding in, not immediately but from next few days I�d never experienced anything like it before. Each day I woke up to messages of encouragement from readers wanting to know "What I'm writing next" & saying "How inspiring my books are" With such responsive audience I found myself writing faster and harder than I had ever done before. Writing has become my first priority and my life has turned around from then.

How does an idea for a poem come to you?
There are many things that I like to do, to see, and to experience. I like to read and to write; I like to think and to dream; I like to talk and listen. I like to see the sunrise in the morning and the moonlight at night; I like to feel the music, I like to smell the wind coming from the ocean. I like to look at the clouds in the sky with a blank mind, I like to do thought experiment when I cannot sleep in the middle of the night. I like flowers in spring, rain in summer, leaves in autumn, and snow in winter, I like metropolis noise; and the view of beautiful Lakes, and I like the neat flat, cornfield and Champaign. I like good books and romantic movies. I like the land and the nature.
So, all this inspires me to write down. My poems stories or anything that I write mostly based on real life incidents that I have collected over the years and I would love to express my feelings through words. I believe that no one can tell my story or what I want too, better than me. 

Is this your first book?
Yes, Sensation of a Soul is my first solo book. I have been contributed to three anthologies so far - Pages of dairy, Dads darling daughter and Social networking

What are the poems and stories in Sensation of a Soul about?
This book consists of forty three poems and eight short stories. The poems and stories share a theme of friendship, romance, love, hope, faith, desire, dreams and life.   

Why did you name your book as Sensation of a Soul'?
Poems and the stories in the book gives the vitality of strong and deep feeling to reader's soul. I think, believe and hope that Sensation of a Soul book gives the noble warmth of feeling, spirit and courage to all the readers. 
Gladly, my readers have loved the title, cover of the book very much and they were saying that it goes greatly with the content of the book.

Which is your favorite poem/Character from this collection?
Every poem and story in the book is close to my heart and each character is dearly loved.

What do you think is more important- the words used or the feelings?
Surely, the feelings are most important but words used in the book can energize or blemish readers. My feelings as a writer and what I'm trying to manifest through my writings to my readers may be very dissimilar from the readers. Same words may differ the sense depending on the person who is reading.

If a favorite character of your favorite book comes alive in front of you, what would you say?
I love you so much (Smiles)

Is there a particular time of the day when you write your ideas? When? How do you manage the time? 
No, there isn't any particular time of the day that I write down my ideas. I'm a deep thinker, I get ideas in middle of the night some days or early in the mornings, when I'm alone or when Iam around people breathing down my neck.
I always keep a book and a pen with me. And if we really want something, we will make time for it; In spite of everything. 

Just like you are an inspiration to others, who is/are your inspiration?
There are many great souls who inspired me. I believe there is inspiration in everything from falling of a frond to death of a bird or man's own behavior.  In my life there are many people and things that have been a huge influences on me. Inspiration comes to all of us in so many different ways    

They say, Nobody can judge you, as much as you yourself can. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
As a cheerful wife, jolly mother, loving daughter, writer, and traveler, doing everything that I have dreamt of doing and being in the place that I always wanted to be at. Working for good causes and spreading smiles. 

What would you do if you weren't into writing?
Well, I never really thought about anything else. 

How do you react to the reviews that you get about your writing from your readers?
I just smile, appreciate their feedback and say thank you. I cherish them with my whole heart for my whole life. I admire all my readers. They all mean a lot to me. 

What is your biggest fear?
I'm just afraid of doing one thing or other at times but actually, I don't think I have any biggest fear in my life. Maybe, maybe losing the one I love the most in this world. 
I think, everyone has a fear deep down to their heart about somethings but just don't know it sometimes.

Which is your favorite fictional character?
I don't have any favorite fictional character

Which is your favorite genre? Why?
Romance because I'm a romantic at heart and I had meticulously planned out my dreamy wedding ceremony in my head (Smiles) 

Which genre, according to you, is the most difficult to write? 
According to me, crime thriller/mystery is the most difficult genre to write.

What are your upcoming projects?
Currently I'm working on my next book. The title has been decided few days ago and it is Two Hearts, One Soul 
Well, let everything else be a revelation for my lovely readers.

Jyoti in one sentence.
A simple girl from Hyderabad, who believes that she has been sent to this world to make it more beautiful and more amazing. 

What is your message to other budding poets/writers?
Just write You can achieve anything in the world.  Start writing what you want too. Sit down, relax and let the ink spread on your palms. Appreciate the people who criticize you. If writing is still in your mind after they try to pull you back or laugh at you.  It is definitely worth writing to inspire the many in this beautiful world. Confidence and commitment are very important. 

Would you like to say something to your readers, fellow writers or to someone who is reading this?
My heartfelt thanks to all my readers for their love and support, those who are connected to me on social media. You all mean a lot to me. 
Stay connected and keep smiling. I love you all. 
You are all amazing. 
Thank you.

No comments